Every town has hidden, unknown and unique areas parts that offer pleasant surprises, small streets, discreet piazzas, hidden trails going up to the mountains
or descending towards the sea. The ideal place for those who want to explore the area of find a little peace and solitude. The intricate web
of streets, the 'pentigoli" connecting the houses, the neighborhoods, and the villages of the area are there to be discovered, far away from the crowd, the
anxiety and the noise.
Walks among prickle pears and agaves, in the shadow of oak trees and carobs, along the mountain sides, offer a break from the daily life of those who burn in the sun, inside a scorching tin plated car.
The Traveler's Decalogue
- 1)LOOK Seeing things does not always mean looking at them. Do not stop at the appearance, a place does not reveal its soul at the first meeting.
- 2)LISTEN and learn to travel even with your eyes closed: the noise, the people, the silences have a lot to say.
- 3)TOUCH things and places, discover the unpredictable emotion, and if you take the wrong way, thank the fate that surprised you.
- 4)SMELL AND TASTE as many smells and flavors you can. A journey is made of sensations and they are the best souvenirs to bring home and share with your friends around the table.
- 5)READ local magazines and newspaper: they will give you a better idea about the real life of the place you are visiting, that often tourists only brush.
- 6)SIT DOWN to talk to the locals. They will be your interpreters to fully understand the reality of the place surrounding you.
- 7)FORGET the rush, the clocks, and the days of the week: time is just a conventional rule dictating our life. For once you should be the one dictating.
- 8)CHOOSE a corner you particularly like, adopt it, make it yours through a small ritual you are the only one to know: you will establish a contact between you and that part of you that will be left behind in that place. This contact will last forever. You will always have a little home there, a place that will be waiting for you at any given time, able to give you back the part of you left behind.
- 9)PLANT something of you during your trip: each place you visited will be richer than before even if you leave behind just a smile to make people remembering you.
- 10)RESPECT places, people, and the nature surrounding you. Remember that things that are not important to you, might be very important to someone else.